Sunday 21 September 2014

Sunday, Bloody Sunday.

So how have I spent my week? Well, unfortunately following my return from London Fashion Week my life has been incredibly hectic. Realising just how much work I have to do and how much I need to sort out has just left me feeling incredibly hopeless and unmotivated. Wanting to pursue a career in fashion journalism and living in a small town really DON'T go hand-in-hand and the realisation that the closer I get towards reaching my goal the further away it feels has hit me sideways like a speeding lorry. Needless to say, I'm seriously lacking in motivation and teetering on the edge of depression.

(insert grey cloudy overcast here)

However, there are some positive to draw from this week including the fact that I've gone down a jeans size and landed a new job working within retail. So, to celebrate I bought myself a new pair of black skinny jeans from ASOS and some super chic loafers from Matalan. Plus last night was date night and I got to go to the cinema AND eat McDonald's at midnight in the passenger seat of a car, (a very nice car I might add).

Here's a little snap of me standing on the driveway with my 
newly purchased goodies earlier today.

I'm hoping this new job will open up some doors for me and, at the very least, help me save up enough money so that I can go and do an internship in London sometime after the new year. If that doesn't work out though at the very least I can now afford some new clothes. And after all, retail therapy is the best therapy there is, am I right?

After reading this I imagine you're probably think I'm a complete and utter tragic twenty something with the most embarrassing life. Well, you're right. But, Monday brings with it a new week and I'm going to do what I do best; throw myself back in to work and quit my bitching. This week WILL be better and hopefully by next Sunday I'll have something better to blog about, (she says).


O x

No comments:

Post a Comment