Tuesday 16 September 2014

“If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”

Welcome to my first post on 'Same Chic, Different day'!

Although this is my first post I must admit that the blogging experience isn't an entirely new one for me. My journey in to the world of blogging began about 2 years ago. Since then a lot has changed; I graduated from university, lost about 3 stone, ended a four year relationship and fully threw myself in to the world of fashion journalism. 

Since I started blogging I've been fortunate to go to LFW three times, write for a variety of different fashion publications and improve my writing technique. Currently I write for two fashion websites; one as a beauty editor and another as a news writer. I also have my own blog on wordpress but after going to fashion week again this year and networking with some of the top UK fashion bloggers I realised I was doing a lot of really simple things wrong and that there were so many ways I could improve my blog and increase my internet presence. However, because there were just so many things I wanted to do over I made the somewhat painful decision to abandon my original blog and start an entirely new one.

This time around I want to make my blog a more personal one and plan to include more images of myself, my fashion and beauty choices, and include literature and music reviews as well.

So, with all of that said, I'd like to end my first post relating back to the title of the piece. I know some people think it's cheesy or cringey to use quotes to relate to your current situation but as an aspiring writer I have to disagree. Words are essentially my life so I happen to love quotes I can relate to. Anyway -
If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done.”- Thomas Jefferson (I believe)

And that's what I'm hoping this blog is; an opportunity to try again. Until next time,

O x

No comments:

Post a Comment