Monday 6 October 2014

Winter IS Coming

In the past couple of weeks I've noticed a huge drop in temperature. So much so that this morning I left the house with both my winter coat and faux-fur hat (not that the hat helped much in the pouring rain) and I'm now having to wear a hooded jacket on my evening jogs (not cool). In case that wasn't reminder enough that winter is well and truly on its way, working in retail means I'm surrounded by the influx of autumn/winter/Christmas related products day-in-day-out. 

I'm hoping my faux fur hat will at least see me through till Christmas
Admittedly, I can't really moan as I've already started stocking up on knitwear and gone out and bought my winter coat. Although, this in no way means I won't end up buying another one in a month or so. Besides, there's no such thing as too many coats... is there? And, even though my Topshop ankle boots from last year are still in MINT condition, I know I'll end up buying another pair before the season is out. 

Amidst all of this temperature madness and constant reminders that Christmas is coming, I started thinking; when is it a good time to start purchasing your winter wardrobe? 

On my wishlist is this adorable pale blue fedora from River Island and these leather gloves from H&M. Thanks to Burberry's AW14 collection blanket scarves are going to be huge this season and I'd quite like one in a checked print, I think. I don't usually use umbrellas cause I find them a bit flimsy and naff but this one from Cath Kidston is too fricking cute I couldn't resist putting it in. Plus, to see me through till March-time, I'm blatantly going to need another pair of boots and at least 2-3 more winter coats. 

Coat : Monki - £65, Gloves : H&M- £19.99, Fedora : River Island - £28, Boots : Office - £85,
Scarf : Topshop - £18, Umbrella : Cath Kidston - £22. 
What's on your winter wishlist?

O x

8 comments:

  1. Lovely post i cant wait for winter i love winter fashion
    great blog too i will be looking again:)
    http://misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I love winter fashion too! Thanks so much :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous- love the coat and scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it? I'm literally in love with all of it! Pay day can't come soon enough :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adore those boots although sadly I think the heel is a little too high for me. There's some really lovely bits about and lots of great sales on currently. Such a good time to snap up some new clothes.

    Shannon at katepetali.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I am loving all the AW stuff at the moment and I got my winter coat in the sale so I'm pretty chuffed about that. They're probably too high for me too but I never learn :P x

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They have them in another colour, quite similar but equally as nice. Can't decide which ones I like best :-/ x

      Delete