Sunday 12 October 2014

Product Review - Trevor Sorbie Straight Protect and Shine

My sister is a hairdresser and has been at at me for ages to get a heat defense spray for my hair. Well, as someone who doesn't particularly like to be told what to do, especially from a younger sibling, I've put off buying one for ages. Well, that was until recently when I thought my hair was looking a little dry and I realised how desperate I was for it to grow a bit longer for the upcoming party season. So, after work the other day I headed on down to Boots to see what I could find. As someone with little to no knowledge of heat defense sprays I actually felt a bit lost when I saw the range available to buy. Not wanting to spend too much money on something I could potentially loathe after one use I thought it might be best to buy a trial/travel sized bottle and see how I got on with that. Plus, as someone who likes to test out products regularly I often spend the majority of my free time in the trail size section of Boots. #sadfactoftheday



I chose this one by Trevor Sorbie because I quite like their hair products anyway and, admittedly, the bottle looked pretty cool. It retails at £5.70 for a 200ml sized bottle, but I bought my trial size, 50ml one for £1.99. It is salon approved (apparently?) and the label implies that it prevents damage, reduces kinks and add shine. These are all major hair concerns of mine as, without the wonders of modern hair tools/technology I would look like that actress from the weird TV programme, Cavegirl, NOT EVEN JOKING.

So how does it rate? Well, firstly I'm not massively keen on the smell, but I've come to notice that a lot of the decent hair styling products don't actually have the best of scents to them and I think this means that they're less perfumed? Which is a good thing. After a couple of uses I have definitely noticed that my hair feels a little softer and I have noticed a little extra shine. I wouldn't say the difference is huge, but I've definitely seen an improvement. 

I would recommend this product as it has worked for me, however I'm not completely overwhelmed with the results so I think I'll test a few more heat defense sprays before I settle on the one for me.

O x


No comments:

Post a Comment